Latest News

  • Archive

    Motherwell 0 – 2 Celtic

  • Archive

    TV: Hutchy wants win for fans

  • Archive

    TV: McCall looking for a response

  • Archive

    Celtic Programme Preview

  • Archive

    TV: Page joins Accies on loan

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Ibrox

  • Archive

    TV: Cup exit angers McCall

  • Archive

    Rangers defeat in pictures

  • Archive

    Rangers 2- 0 Motherwell

  • Archive

    ‘Convert for Cash’ returns…

  • Archive

    Motherwell 0 – 2 Celtic

    [tab:Match report]

     Kris Jack at Fir Park

    Celtic moved above 10-man Motherwell at the top of the SPL with a 2-0 win at Fir Park.

    Gary Hooper opened the scoring after half an hour, before Adam Cummins put through his own net four minutes later.

    Cummins then saw red for a last man challenge on Kris Commons to give away a second half penalty, which was saved by Darren Randolph.

    The scoreline perhaps doesn’t reflect the away performance though, as but for Randolph and some losses of composure in the box, Celtic could and should have scored more. Motherwell struggled to make any impact on Fraser Forster’s goal against a rampant Celtic side who had quality throughout their squad.

    Stuart McCall stated after Wednesday night’s Scottish Communities League Cup exit at Ibrox that changes would likely be made for Celtic’s visit and he followed through by making three. Henrik Ojamaa and Fraser Kerr dropped to the bench, with Stevie Hammell missing out completely with an ankle knock. In came Jamie Murphy, Simon Ramsden and Zaine Francis- Angol.

    Neil Lennon fielded a strong team, with several who took part in their midweek win over Raith Rovers, dropping out. Gary Hooper looked to add to his four goal League Cup haul on Tuesday at the front of the Hoops attack. New signing Efe Ambrose made the starting eleven, with fellow newcomer Miku starting from the bench.

    Despite a reasonably comfortable start, albeit creating little in the final third, Motherwell had Darren Randolph to thank for keeping the scores level in the first ten minutes. James Forrest played a neat reverse ball for Hooper to latch on to but the former Scunthorpe hitman’s shot was well kept out by the shins of the Irish goalkeeper.

    A free-kick on the edge of the box then worked its way to Scott Brown whose low drive was palmed out by Randolph with Victor Wanyama blasting the rebound wide.

    Forrest and Commons then had efforts dip just over the bar, as the visitors looked to turn the screw. In contrast, the Steelmen couldn’t keep possession for any amount of time, with only Tom Hateley offering any excitement for the home crowd but his right footed dig from 20 yards sailed over and in to the fans behind the goal.

    Antiguan Francis-Angol then made a great last ditch block to prevent Hooper opening the scoring. It was only delaying the inevitable though as on 31 minutes, the English striker gave Celtic the lead.

    A diagonal ball over the top from Scott Brown caught Shaun Hutchinson on his heels. Hooper took a great touch to put the ball in front of him before coolly slotting it under the advancing Randolph to net his eighth goal of the season.

    As on Wednesday, McCall’s men had to react to going behind, but within four minutes of doing so, they found themselves two goals down.

    Another diagonal ball, this time from Commons, found Scott Brown on the left hand side. With time to compose himself he struck a ball in to the six yard box aimed for Gary Hooper. Adam Cummins slid in to make the block, but only contrived to knock the ball beyond Randolph at the front post.

    With the second half still to play, it was a tall order for ‘Well to get back in to the game, and it was made even taller 10 minutes in to the second period. Commons ran on to a ball from Mulgrew and just as he looked to get past Cummins, the young defender hauled him down, earning himself a red card and a penalty for Celtic.

    Having missed a spot kick against Dundee last week, skipper Scott Brown placed the ball to make amends for Celtic. With a stuttered run up, his spot kick was hit central allowing the diving Randolph to get his legs up to keep the effort out. It was the Well stopper’s third penalty save of the season, and gave the home fans something to cheer about in a wholly one sided game.

    Surprisingly, with a man advantage for the most of the second half, Celtic did not add to their tally. Commons and Hooper had tame efforts after flooding the Steelmen defence, before Randolph earned his man of the match plaudits with a fine save from Scott Brown’s close range volley, after Izaguirre had got in behind Hutchinson.

    Celtic introduced Miku and Georgios Samaras as they showed off their attacking options, but neither could increase their side’s lead. The new Celtic number seven had two decent chances, one which he screwed wide, the other hitting the side netting.

    The introduction of Henrik Ojamaa sparked a brief spell of pressure for the Fir Parkers failed to produce a decent effort on goal for the home side. James Forrest should have made it 3-0 in the dying moments, after skipping past Francis-Angol in the box but he fell over the ball before he could get his shot off.

    Focus for Motherwell will now turn to next week’s meeting with Dundee United at Fir Park.

    [tab:As it happened]

    Alastair Reilly at Fir Park

    FULL-TIME: Motherwell 0 – 2 Celtic.

    90mins: Just into added on time.

    88mins: Hateley finds Hutchinson with it but he just mis-times his jump and heads over.

    86mins: It’s a late chance for Motherwell. Free-kick from a narrow angle on the edge of the box.

    84mins: Corner to Motherwell…….Samaras breaks clear and is hauled down by Daley.

    81mins: Celtic break with 3 against 3. Francis-Angol does enough to divert Forrest’s shot wide of the post.

    79mins: Motherwell/Celtic subs: Ojamaa on for Murphy and Ledley on for Lustig.

    75mins: Wanyama stings Randolph’s hands from 30 yards. Had it been either side of him ,it’s a great goal.

    74mins: Celtic Sub: Miku on for Commons

    72mins: Motherwell finally get out their own half. The attack ends when the ref judges Daley to have fouled Izaguirre.

    69mins: 10 man Motherwell under severe pressure. Can’t get the ball and the majority of this half has been played in ‘Well’s final third.

    68mins: Celtic Sub: Brown off for Samaras.

    68mins: Motherwell sub: Daley on for Humphrey

    65mins: Randolph somehow manages to beat away Brown’s close range shot. Looked like a certain goal.

    64mins: Motherwell sub: Nicky Law off for Fraser Kerr.

    60mins: Half-chance there for Hooper. Commons delivered a wicked ball into the box at the front post and Hooper can’t get enough on it.

    54mins: Uphill struggle now for the 10 men!

    54mins: RED CARD: Cummins sent off for hauling down Commons inside the box. Penalty saved by Randolph!!

    52mins: Izaguirre controls a long ball and gets in behind the defence. Squares to Commons who drags his shot wide.

    51mins: Celtic controlling the opening 5 minutes of the second half.

    48mins: Hooper clips the ball across goal but there are no Celtic players there to divert home. A let off.

    45mins: Second half now underway. Need a big reaction from the players now if we are to get back into this.

    HALF-TIME: It’s Motherwell 0 – 2 Celtic. Hooper and a Cummins own goal separates the two sides.

    35mins: GOAL: Cummins knocks Brown’s cross into his own net. 0-2

    31mins: Too easy as the defence were caught under the ball giving him time and space to slot past the helpless Randolph

    31mins: GOAL – Hooper sends Celtic 1 in front.

    29mins: Francis-Angol does fantastically to block from Hooper after he peeled off his shoulder to volley towards goal.

    28mins: And up the other end Randolph has to look sharp to get off his line to slide clear from Forrest.

    27mins: Hateley dispossess Commons and has a crack from 20 yards. Unlucky to see it fly over.

    25mins: Booking for Brown after a bodycheck on Murphy in the Motherwell half. Pity as there looked a good break on!

    22mins: Commons goes close with a cheeky volley over Randolph. Looked like he was shaping for power but lobs it goalward just over bar.

    14mins: Free-kick drilled straight into the wall by Commons. Humphrey almost broke clear but Mulgrew was equal to him and cleared for Celtic.

    13mins: Hutchinson booked for a bodycheck on Commons as he burst through on goal. Free-kick 25 yards out.

    12mins: Three corners in quick succession there for Celtic. All were scrambled clear by Motherwell.

    11mins: Corner to Celtic….Common’s volley deflected out for another corner.

    9mins: And again a great stop! Intelligent set-play from Celtic free’s space for Brown to shoot from 25 yards. Good hand beats it away.

    8mins: Great save from Randolph! Hooper just has to slot home but the big stopper, slides out well with his feet and clears.

    5mins: Good ball in from Hateley at the front post but Murphy’s header bounces into Forster’s arms.

    4mins: It’s a positive start from the Steelmen. Had the bulk of possession as Francis-Angol is hacked down in a dangerous position.

    1min: Lasley delivers from the right after early pressure but it overshoots the box.

    1min: And we’re off. Let’s get right behind the ‘Well!


    Motherwell manager Stuart McCall:

    “We were beaten by a better side on the day. If you come up against a side that are better than you and they play well, you can only do your best

    “We saw Celtic at their best and when they are at their best no-one in this league will live with them. It could have been worse, getting a man sent off with 30 minutes to go.

    “It’s not what we’ll do against Celtic that will count. Obviously, we want to beat every side but you’ve got to be realistic.

    “With the side they’ve got, when they play at their best, which they certainly were today, nobody else will have a prayer to match them.

    “Celtic were outstanding and that’s what happens when they are good. The one thing from us is that we stuck at it.”

    Celtic manager Neil Lennon:

    “We were brilliant today from start to finish. It should have been alot more.

    “I was delighted with how we defended and some of our attacking play was excellent. We probably should’ve had more as it was one way traffic for a lot of the match.

    “We were superb all over the park and that’s the best I’ve seen us this season.”


    [poll id=”117″]

  • Archive

    TV: Hutchy wants win for fans

    Defender Shaun Hutchinson says the Motherwell players owe the supporters a performance after the disappointment of midweek.

    The Steelmen crashed out the Scottish Communities League Cup with a poor showing at Ibrox and no-one was more disappointed than the playing squad themselves.

    The Geordie stopper was in the wars and had to leave the pitch several times for treatment to a nasty head clash following a collision with Fran Sandaza.

    But he insists there is a desire in the dressing room to make amends for Wedensday’s loss.

    [pullquote]It is going to be a tough task against Celtic but we owe a performance to the fans after a lot of them turned up at Ibrox.[/pullquote]

    He said: “It is going to be a tough task against Celtic but we owe a performance to the fans after a lot of them turned up at Ibrox.

    “All the boys are looking forward to it to make amends for what happened on Wednesday.

    “The result was poor and a game against Celtic is no better way to bounce back.”


  • Archive

    TV: McCall looking for a response

    ‘Well boss Stuart McCall has challenged his players to bounce back from midweek Cup disappointment when Celtic visit Fir Park tomorrow.

    The Steelmen turned in their most disappointing performance of the campaign so far when they lost 2-0 at Ibrox on Wednesday night.

    Former Scotland International McCall hopes his side can learn from some of the mistakes of recent weeks and takes encouragement from decent home performances against the SPL champions, if not results.

    [pullquote]We’ve got to make sure that we defend better than we have done recently and also when the chances come, we’ve got to take them.[/pullquote]

    He told the media at the pre-match press conference: “We’ve got to make sure that we defend better than we have done recently and also when the chances come, we’ve got to take them; I always say that against Rangers or Celtic you’ve got to score the first goal.

    “We have to concentrate if we take the lead and just be as positive as we possibly can and be.

    “Last season Celtic came here and scored with a late Hooper goal to beat us 2-1 and when we went to Parkhead we got beat 1-0 because of a defensive error from a long throw so certainly at times we have been very near to them.

    “The game where we beat them a couple of seasons ago came after one of our most disappointing performances of the season against St Mirren so we’ve got to take confidence from that, that we can bounce back.

    “It’s a big ask to beat a very strong Celtic side but it is one that, at home, we’ve got to go and try to do and that’s the positive message we will put over to the players.”


  • Archive

    Celtic Programme Preview

    The 64-page Steelmen Matchday Magazine returns against Celtic jammed pack full of features you mustn’t miss.

    ‘Well boss Stuart McCall and captain Keith Lasley both return with the regular columns and both talk about bouncing back from Wednesday’s defeat at Ibrox.

    Henrik Ojamaa is the feature interview and we also catch up with former Steelmen legend Martyn Corrigan in our Alumni section who is cutting his teeth in management at Stenhousemuir.

    There is a 13-page section dedicated to our visitors, Neil Lennon’s Celtic.

    Shaun Hutchinson takes the questions in iPlayer and Adam Cummins reveals all in ‘First and Last’.

    Graham Barnstaple’s Cult Heroes this week focuses on French striker who will be forever remembered for his debut hat-trick against Hibs at Fir Park.

    We take a look back at last weekend’s 3-3 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie, 10 tough questions in our Quiz, the latest news section as well as an in-depth statistical look at referee Willie Collum. We have the latest from the Ticket Office and the Commercial Department and the latest stats, facts and figures for the already busy 2012/2013 campaign.

    The programme is available for £3 and is currently on sale from the Club Shop as well as the usual sellers located in and around the ground pre-match.

  • Archive

    TV: Page joins Accies on loan

    Jonathan Page has gone out on a month’s loan to Lanarkshire neighbours Hamilton Accies.

    The 22-year old has found first-team football hard to come by this season after the arrival of Simon Ramsden from Bradford City and the emergence of Adam Cummins from the youth set-up.

    The former Portsmouth defender did start against La Liga side Levante in the Estadio Ciudad de Valencia during Motherwell’s bid for Europa League qualification and the Scottish Premier League in Motherwell’s 4-1 home win over Inverness CT at Fir Park.

    But he will now spend the next month at New Douglas Park as Accies continue their league campaign in the Irn-Bru First Division.

    He told MFC TV: “I am hoping to get at least four or five games in the month period with the aim of trying to get back playing at the level I feel I should be.

    “I’ve played a few games here at Motherwell this season but you can’t beat the feeling of playing week in and week out so that’s something I am really looking forward to.

    “This First Division is a really good league with a number of excellent teams. ”


    mfc tv

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Ibrox

    Highlights from Ibrox as Rangers run out 2-0 winners to eliminate Motherwell from the Scottish Communities League Cup.


    mfc tv

  • Archive

    TV: Cup exit angers McCall

    Stuart McCall cut an angry and frustrated figure after Motherwell crashed out of the Scottish Communities League Cup at the hands of Rangers.

    The Claret and Amber men went into the match in high hopes and even at the interval, looked in good shape to progress to the Quarter Final.

    But goals from former Steelmen striker Lee McCulloch and Dean Shiels handed the home side the win with Motherwell out of sorts.

    Talking to MFC TV, McCall looked shell-shocked and did his best to sum up his feelings.

    [pullquote]It’s so frustrating because we wanted a performance like we had at Aberdeen or any of the other away games this season but we never got it.[/pullquote]

    “It just wasn’t good enough,” he said, bluntly.

    “We said prior to the game that if we were to get anything from the game we’d have to be at our best.

    “We didn’t start well although we grew into game coming in at half time knowing we had to up the tempo in the second half but didn’t do it. Again from a short corner we switch off and that is just not good enough.

    “From then on the crowd erupted and their players found and extra yard. You give them credit but we weren’t at the races.

    “It’s so frustrating because we wanted a performance like we had at Aberdeen or any of the other away games this season but we never got it and that is mystifying.

    “At 2-0 with 65 minutes gone I had belief we could come back but I looked around the pitch and couldn’t see anyone on the pitch who really believed that. We’ve been here before too many times and not scored; it is psychological? I don’t know, but it is just really disappointing.”


    MFC TV

  • Archive

    Rangers defeat in pictures

    Pictures from the 2-0 defeat to Rangers in the Scottish Communities League Cup, Third Round at Ibrox.

    [svgallery name=”rangers26092012″]

  • Archive

    Rangers 2- 0 Motherwell

    [tab:Match report]

    Kris Jack at Ibrox

    Second half goals from Lee McCulloch and Dean Shiels were enough to knock Motherwell out of the Scottish Communities League Cup.

    Despite going in to the interval at 0-0 and looking good for the second half, Rangers upped their game and Motherwell never really got going, lacking the killer touch in front of goal that could have made all the difference.

    Stuart McCall named an unchanged side to that which drew 3-3 with Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Sunday. In form striker Michael Higdon was looking to add to his seven goals in his last four games, supported by the tricky Henrik Ojamaa in attack and both Nicky Law and Chris Humphrey on the flanks.

    Ally McCoist’s starting eleven was a mix of familiar and unfamiliar faces, with starts for Neil Alexander, Dean Shiels, Fran Sandaza and Lee McCulloch. Ian Black missed out for the hosts through injury, as both teams looked to kick on to the next round of the Scottish Communities League Cup.

    Rangers started the game at full speed, getting right in the visitors’ faces from kick off, but despite some balls bouncing about in the box, the ‘Well defence remained intact.

    It took the Steelmen about five minutes to settle and began to carve out some opportunities, with Tom Hateley testing Neil Alexander from 25 after neat wing play from Henrik Ojamaa and Keith Lasley played him in.

    Steven Hammell was on the receiving end of a late challenge from Lewis McLeod, and was then booked where McLeod wasn’t for a far less forceful challenge on Dean Shiels just five minutes later. From the free kick, Lee McCulloch blazed Shiels’ quick pass over the bar.

    McCulloch then gave Darren Randolph his first touch of the game with a 25-yard smash that was straight enough for the Irish International to gather easily enough. Down the other end and Nicky Law had two chances in quick succession to put the Fir Parkers ahead, but came up just short on each occasion.

    He weaved in from the left after a neat interchange with Steven Hammell, shot across Alexander and past the far post. Minutes later, he reacted quickest to a free kick on the half-way line to race clear of the defensive line. He got to the loose ball before the outrushing Alexander, only for the Rangers’ keeper to nick the ball off his toe before he could round him.

    A clash of heads between Shaun Hutchinson and Fran Sandaza led to the former St Johnstone man leaving the field on the stretcher, while the first half became stop start as Hutchinson received treatment for a bloody head wound.

    The signs were encouraging going in to the second half after a decent showing in the first period, but within four minutes of the restart, Rangers took the lead in somewhat inevitable fashion.

    A short quick corner between Fraser Aird and Shiels was tossed in to the box, right on to the head of the towering Lee McCulloch, who crashed header beyond Randolph to send Ibrox in to raptures. The concession of similar goals against Aberdeen on Sunday had not been heeded, and McCall’s men found themselves behind at Ibrox yet again.

    The home side had their tails up, Aird almost doubling the score after he jinked his way in to the box past Fraser Kerr.

    It was only a brief wait for the home fans to see their side score a second, and again it was down to some poor defending from the visitors.

    A ball from the left made its way across the box to the unmarked Agriyou and with six Claret and Amber shirts watching, he picked out the unmarked Dean Shiels who placed the ball beyond Randolph from sixteen-yards.

    As the Motherwell players trudged back to the halfway line, they knew that pulling a two goal deficit back was going to need a monumental effort, which unfortunately never materialised.

    The best opportunity to get back in to the game came from a Hateley free kick from the left corner of the box which had Alexander scrambling to push the ball away, but with no one following in, the chance was wasted.

    With Shiels going off injured, Rangers reverted to one man up front, which bar a few runs from Aird and substitute Barry McKay; found them shooting from distance, with Kyle Hutton and Lewis McLeod trying speculative efforts.

    Try as they might, Motherwell could not find a final touch in and around the box, as intricate play from Law, Ojamaa and substitutes Omar Daley and Jamie Murphy, could not create the chances required to get back in to the game.

    The home side almost snatched a third at the death when McKay drove in to the box and had a shot which cannoned off Randolph’s shins, before McCulloch missed the target with the rebound.

    The game ended 2-0 to Rangers, and once more the 900 strong travelling fans could not leave having seen their side come away with a victory.

    [tab:As it happened]

    Alastair Reilly at Ibrox

    FT: Rangers 2 – 0 Motherwell.

    90mins – Free-kick from Motherwell but it’s straight into the arms of the keeper. ‘Well fans in fine voice – thanks to all who travelled…

    88mins – Good save again by Randolph to keep it at 2-0. McCulloch flashes the ball wide of target.

    87mins – It’s been a difficult second half for Motherwell. Tough watching. Enough of the ball in the final third but lack a cutting edge.

    75mins – Attendance here tonight is 29,413.

    75mins – Rangers sub. Crawford on for goal scorer Shiels.

    72mins – Another change – Omar on for Chris Humphrey. PA announcer at Ibrox is having one…

    70mins – Another shot form Ojamaa but his neat turn and hit is well saved again by Alexander. Motherwell need a goal quick here.

    69mins – Ojamaa goes down in the box under a challenge. Hard to see from here but Calum Murray not interested.

    66mins – Dean Shiels takes advantage of space in the Motherwell defence (Hutchy off again). Shot is saved by Randolph.

    65mins – Another change for Motherwell. Francis-Angol on for Hammell. Assume that must be an injury to the full-back.

    63mins – Murphy comes on for Hateley!

    62mins – Ojamaa does his best to control a difficult volley inside the box but it’s fairly comfortable for Alexander to pluck out the air.

    60mins – Free-kick by Hateley is very well saved by Alexander. Still 2-0 Rangers.

    60mins – its all Rangers at the moment. ‘Well just need to get back to playing the football they did in the first. Lost their way a bit.

    55mins – GOAL Rangers. Dean Shiels makes it 2-0 to the home side. Unmarked from just inside the box. Nightmare for ‘Well!

    GOAL Rangers – Lee McCulloch with a close range header. Poor marking from Motherwell!

    46mins – Early half chance for Higdon but his flicked header doesn’t trouble Alexander at all.

    45mins – Teams are back onto the pitch and Motherwell will get this second-half underway. C’mon the Steelmen… Good luck lads!

    HT: Rangers 0 – 0 Motherwell. Fairly even so far. Both teams had some half chances but nothing to really write home about,

    45mins – Neat little passing move from Motherwell. Higdon’s shot from the edge of the box lacks pace and runs wide of the post.

    44mins – Game has got a little scrappy. Match official is giving free-kick after free-kick which isn’t helping the game flow at all.

    41mins – Motherwell have forced a couple of corners but nothing to really trouble the home defence.

    34mins – Great chance for Law. Through one on one with Alexander but the goalkeeper wins the race and clears the ball.

    29mins – Motherwell go right down the park and have a dig themselves but Law’ shot from distance flashes wide of the post.

    28mins – Rangers have their first real shot on target. McCulloch from the edge of the area but it is comfortable for Randolph.

    25mins – Ojamaa runs with the ball for what seemed like hours. Eventually crossed but it’s a little over-cooked and spins out for a goal kick

    23mins – Rangers make that change. Kyle Hutton comes on to replace the groggy Sandaza. Hutchinson still off the park.

    22mins – Hutchinson still off the park – both teams down to ten men at the moment.

    21mins – Looks like Sandaza is going to have to come off. Real sore one there! Hopefully the big striker is ok. Hutton going to come on!

    19mins – Hutchy has to go off for stitches. Nasty head cut. Leaves us short at the back for this corner…

    19mins – Hutchinson and Sandaza both down after a nasty clash of heads. Hopefully both players ok. Doctors are on the pitch at both players,

    17mins – Hooked ball into the middle bu Hutchinson heads towards Higdon. He can’t get enough on the ball and it drops easily for Alexander.

    14mins – Hammell booked. His foul almost identical to a foul on him seven minutes earlier that went unpunished. Frustrating stuff.

    10mins – Nice ball down the flank from Hateley has Ojamaa in. His first touch takes him a little wide though and his shot is easily blocked.

    5mins – First shot on target in the game comes from Tom Hateley. 30-yarder is no trouble for Alexander in the home goal.

    3mins – Free-kick for Motherwell 40 yards from goal – Rangers make a hash of the defending and it’s a corner to the Steelmen. Cleared though

    1min –  Rangers have started very much on the front foot. The home fans are rocking here. Boys need to calm down into the match.

    1min – Rangers are going to get us underway here at Ibrox. Hopefully tonight we can end our 15-year run. Good luck lads!


    Motherwell manager Stuart McCall:

    “I was disappointed with the way we played and performed. I said before the game we would have to be at our best to win this game.

    “We didn’t get anywhere near the heights we got on Sunday or have done all season. If you asked anybody who’s watched Rangers all season, they’ve never played anything like that but it was always going to be the case.

    “I was certainly aware of what we would face – it was their biggest game in terms of an SPL club coming here.

    “But I look at my own side and we lost too many battles.”

    Rangers manager Ally McCoist:

    “It was really satisfying. I thought the performance warranted the victory and the two goals were top-class. It’s a wee indicator to ourselves and the support that we can play against teams from the top of the league and higher up in the divisions but we can’t get carried away.

    “It’s a very small step on what’s going to be a long road. I make no apologies for telling the supporters that – we’ve got miles and miles to go.

    “But it shows you, in a one-off game, we can compete with anybody.”


    [poll id=”116″]

  • Archive

    ‘Convert for Cash’ returns…

    The Cash Converters “Convert for Cash” challenge returns for the first time this weekend but there is a new twist.

    Like last year, two fans take part on the pitch at half-time. Fans will go up against each other with the task of being the quickest to complete the challenge.

    However, the Stuart McCall manikins and prize balls have been replaced by giant inflatable Cash Converters balls.

    Fans must use their hands to dribble the Cash Converters ball around the course and across the goal line (no carrying allowed). The winner will take home the £150 prize.

    All participants will be put on a leader board and the person with the fastest time of the year taking home a cool £1,000.

    For your chance to take part this Saturday against Celtic, enter at the Cash Converters SPL Facebook page by CLICKING HERE.

    The draw will close at Noon on Friday 28th September.

    *Please note: You must be aged over 18 to take part, and proof of age will be required on the day. You must also already possess a match ticket.

    Cash Converters