Latest News

  • Archive

    2017/18 season tickets on sale now

  • Archive

    Madden in the middle for County clash

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Forthbank Stadium

  • Archive

    Craigan: Opportunities for youngsters

  • Archive

    Motherwell U20s 3 – 0 Inverness CT U20s

  • Archive

    U20s back in League action

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Fir Park

  • Archive

    Dundee defeat in pictures

  • Archive

    Robinson: We must cut out mistakes

  • Archive

    Motherwell 2 – 3 Dundee

  • Archive

    2017/18 season tickets on sale now

    Motherwell FC has today launched Season Tickets for the forthcoming 2017/18 campaign.

    We are delighted to announce that our prices for the new season will not carry an increase and would like to thank all of our season ticket holders and fans for their support this term.

    This means that supporters who take advantage of the early bird discount before 1st June 2017 can watch all 19 home fixtures from around £16 per game.

    Those that have children can bring themselves and up to two kids to Fir Park for exactly the same price with our “WELLevate” initiative which, for one adult and two children at just £16 per game, represents fantastic value for money.

    New for 2017/18, we have reduced all 15 and Under tickets to £20, which works out at just over £1 per game.

    Chairman Jim McMahon said: “The Board is pleased to offer frozen prices this summer as we look to try and rebuild again for the forthcoming campaign.

    “We have also pro-actively worked to try and reduce the financial cost barriers for our young supporters to get to games.

    “For just over £1 a game it is probably one of the cheapest days out you can have in the area.”

    He added: “Previously these tickets were priced at £70 each, so it’s a sizeable reduction that we hope, along with our fantastic ‘WELLevate’ offer, can continue to attract the fans of tomorrow.

    “We have also continued our additional offerings from many local businesses, which we will continue to add to over the next few weeks.

    “In addition, we will be announcing a number of fantastic free offers exclusive to season ticket holders that you won’t want to miss.”

    We also have these fantastic offers that you can enjoy throughout the 2017/18 campaign.

    For more information visit mymfc.co.uk

    How to buy…

    • Pop into the Fir Park Ticket Office now.
    • Phone our Ticket Office hotline on 01698 333 333.
    • Post the renewal form, along with payment, back to Fir Park Stadium.

    Download the forms…

    Every current 2016-2017 Season Ticket holder will soon receive a renewal pack in the post. However, you can still download the forms from the website and fill them in if it makes it easier: Click Here


    PHIL O’DONNELL STANDUntil 31st May 2017From 1st June 2017
    Junior (15 and under)£20£20
    DAVIE COOPER STANDUntil 31st May 2017From 1st June 2017
    Junior (15 and under)£20£20
    JOHN HUNTER STANDUntil 31st May 2017From 1st June 2017
    Junior (15 and under)£20£20

    *Please note, concessions are applicable to over 60s, full-time students with a valid matriculation card and 16 to 18 year olds.. ‘Junior’ age of Under 16 is applicable as at 1st August 2016.

  • Archive

    Madden in the middle for County clash

    The referee for Saturday’s Ladbrokes Premiership clash with Ross County at Fir Park is Bobby Madden.

    The match will be Bobby’s fourth in charge of the Steelmen this campaign – after the 38-year-old took charge of the 3-0 loss away to Hearts, the 3-1 home loss to Aberdeen and the 2-1 away win to Kilmarnock.

    The most recent, away to Killie, was a hugely important result for Motherwell and the ideal start for Stephen Robinson who took charge for the first time as interim boss.

    His overall record in charge of the Steelmen reads seven wins; thirteen defeats and one draw from twenty games. The Fir Parkers have netted 28 times, and conceded 43. In those twenty games, he has booked 58 players, 30 of those cautions flashed at players wearing Claret and Amber.

    Three players have been sent for an early shower, Anthony Stokes for a lunging tackle on Keith Lasley at Celtic Park last season, Stuart Carswell – who came off the bench against Partick and picked up two yellows – and Keith Lasley in the after the skipper picked up a late red card for a late challenge on Kenny McLean.

    Bobby will be ably assisted by Jordon Stokoe and David Roome, with Mat Northcroft on Fourth Official duties.

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Forthbank Stadium

    Extended highlights from Forthbank Stadium as  Semple and Agyeman score their first goals for the 20s in a 3-0 win for the Steelmen.

  • Archive

    Craigan: Opportunities for youngsters

    Under-20s boss Stephen Craigan reflected on a positive afternoon as his side beat Inverness CT 3-0 in the penultimate Development League fixture of the season.

    Jamie Semple and Alfredo Agyeman scored their first goals at under-20s level and Craigan admitted it shows there are good opportunities for youngsters at Motherwell Football Club.

    Speaking to MFC TV at full time, the Northern Irishman said: “Sometimes when you come up against a stuffy team it’s about breaking their resistance and we thought with the penalty in the first half it might have broke it.

    [pullquote]Sometimes when you come up against a stuffy team it’s about breaking their resistance and we thought with the penalty in the first half it might have broke it.[/pullquote]

    “It took us a little bit longer than we wanted but then we eventually did and what an emphatic finish from Jamie Semple.”

    He added: “Jamie’s been at the club for a long time and he’s patiently waited for his opportunities and it’s been tough for him because the under-20s have been doing well.

    “So that shows that there’s opportunities for the young boys here at this club.”

    You can watch Craigan’s full interview on MFC TV’s official YouTube channel.

    MFC TV

  • Archive

    Motherwell U20s 3 – 0 Inverness CT U20s

    Motherwell under-20s secured a 3-0 victory on an afternoon of firsts for Stephen Craigan’s side.

    15-year-old Jamie Semple and 16-year-old Alfredo Agyeman both grabbed their first goals whilst there was a debut for 14-year-old Cole Starrs.

    Stephen Craigan named senior players David Ferguson, Joe Chalmers and there was a return to action for James McFadden and Ross MacLean.

    And it was the player-manager who nearly opened the scoring when he got on the end of a good cross, brought the ball down in the box and was denied by an impressive double save from Caley keeper Stephen Foster.

    However, it looked like the youngsters would get the lead they looked like they deserved when MacLean was fouled in the area and the referee took no hesitation as he awarded Craigan’s side a penalty.

    The midfielder stepped up to take the spot kick he won, but his low effort to the keeper’s left was matched by a decent stop and the game remained goalless.

    It was arguably the only talking point in a quiet opening period, with Inverness going close through Andrew MacRea and McFadden nearly beating the keeper following a neat, flowing move which he started and nearly finished.

    The second half started on a similar note to the first, but the game was changed when Stephen Craigan made two crucial substitutions.

    Firstly, Alfie Agyeman was introduced to the action just before the hour mark, replacing MacLean and just over ten minutes later, Jamie Semple replaced McFadden with the game still goalless.

    Eight minutes later, he made the difference and it was largely thanks to some superb work by Agyeman.

    The lively youngster burst past two men down the right flank and cut the ball back for Semple to slam thunderously in to the roof of the net.

    Two minutes later Agyeman nearly made it two when Adam Livingstone’s bursting run then cross was headed narrowly over the cross bar.

    But he made no mistake in the 82nd minute when Hastie fed him the ball and he took a touch before side footing in to the right corner from six yards.

    With seven minutes left, Craigan made his final sub and handed a debut to 14-year-old striker Cole Starrs.

    The youngster looked lively for the remainder of the match but it was Davie Turnbull who put the cherry on top for the Steelmen.

    The midfielder was afforded too much time on the ball 20-yards from goal and hit an unstoppable effort in to the keeper’s top right-hand corner – leaving Foster with no chance and wrapping up an impressive final 20-minutes.


    Motherwell U20s: Pain, McMillan, Ferguson, Chalmers, Armstrong, Livingstone, MacLean (Agyeman, ’57), Turnbull, McFadden (Semple, ’70), Hastie (Starrs, ’83), Fry

    Unused subs: Pettigrew, MacDonald, McAleer

  • Archive

    U20s back in League action

    Motherwell U20s face Inverness CT U20s in the penultimate game of the season this afternoon.

    And manager Stephen Craigan will be keen to see his youngsters end the season strongly after they confirmed their highest Development League points tally last week.

    The Northern Irishman will be without Allan Campbell, who has found his place in Stephen Robinson’s first-team, but may be boosted by the inclusion of some senior players.

    This afternoon’s match takes place at Forthbank Stadium, Stirling, with kick off at 2pm.

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Fir Park

    Extended Highlights from Fir Park as Motherwell  lose 2-3 to Dundee.

  • Archive

    Dundee defeat in pictures

    Images from today’s  2-3 defeat to Dundee in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

    Snaps courtesy of SNSPix

    [svgallery name=”dundee290417″]

  • Archive

    Robinson: We must cut out mistakes

    ‘Well boss Stephen Robinson has called for individual errors to be cut out after his side lost 2-3 against Dundee this afternoon.

    A controversial decision and some costly mistakes ultimately cost the Steelmen as Dundee leapfrogged Robinson’s men to move one point above them.

    Speaking to MFC TV at full time, the Northern Irishman expressed his disappointment and reflected on this afternoon’s basement clash.

    He said: “It’s a huge disappointment, I thought we dominated the first half and it’s probably the best 45 minutes we’ve had possession-wise since I’ve come in to the football club.

    [pullquote]We make an individual error just before half time and then you go in 1-0 down and you find it hard to believe.[/pullquote]

    “We make an individual error just before half time and then you go in 1-0 down and you find it hard to believe.”

    He added: “We’re still very much in the game though but then the goals either side of ours weren’t good enough.

    “The individual errors have to stop if we’re to remain in this division, they have to be put out the game.”

    You can watch the manager’s full post-match interview on MFC TV’s official YouTube channel.

    MFC TV

  • Archive

    Motherwell 2 – 3 Dundee

    [tab:Match report]

    Motherwell were edged out by Dundee as Neil McCann’s side leapfrogged the Fir Parkers to leave the Steelmen in the play-off spot. 

    Despite second half goals from Louis Moult and Chris Cadden prompting a fight back, defensive lapses ultimately had Stephen Robinson’s men chasing the game.

    However, for the second time this season, the Dens’ men had a slice of good fortune when Motherwell had a claim for a legitimate goal overlooked.

    Captain Keith Lasley was recalled to the starting line-up, taking the midfield berth vacated by the injured Stephen Pearson in an otherwise unchanged ‘Well side.

    Hopeful of maintaining the momentum from the last home win over Inverness Caley, the Fir Parkers’ took the game to a Dundee side in their first match under their new manager.

    Despite having the bulk of the possession in the first half hour, ‘Well made no impression on Scott Bain’s goal as his team mates happily sat in.

    A succession of free kicks from Elliot Frear failed to find a ‘Well player in the box until 30 minutes when the winger’s cross picked out Moult. But after chesting the ball down, the striker’s left foot effort was straight at the ‘keeper.

    Five minutes later a lung-bursting run from Frear ended with an inviting cross and although Moult got his head to the ball it was after a push on Darren O’Dea.

    With Frear and Chris Cadden unable to get in behind the visitor’s, Bain was untroubled until four minutes from the break when Cadden’s intended cross for Ryan Bowman was dipping under the bar until the Dens’ ‘keeper palmed it over.

    It looked like stalemate as half-time loomed, when out of the blue Dundee nicked the lead.

    Marcus Haber’s effort was palmed down by Craig Samson but as the ‘keeper scrambled to gather the loose ball Mark O’Hara lashed it high into the net.

    If that was a blow to ‘Well’s hopes of taking three points, they were dealt a sickener four minutes after the restart. Kevin Holt was given to much freedom to set up Paul McGowan and although his effort was blocked in the goalmouth, Haber poked the ball over the line to double Dundee’s lead.

    Within a minute that was halved and the home hopes lifted. Frear’s inswinging corner found its way to Moult at the far corner of the six-yard box who took a touch before superbly slamming the ball high over a busy goal line for his 14th league goal of the season.

    That should have been the springboard for a ‘Well comeback but instead Dundee restored their two goal advantage. Again, Holt had space on the left and his cross found O’Hara diving to head home with a deflection which left Samson wrong footed.

    With over 30 minutes remaining there was still time for ‘Well to take something from the game as Lionel Ainsworth replaced Bowman.

    And only a great save from Bain denied Frear whose right foot shot from 12 yards was curling inside the post until the Dens’ ‘keeper at full stretch palmed the ball behind.

    Shea Gordon and Craig Clay joined the action for the final 20 minutes as ‘Well pushed forward in the hope of pulling a goal back.

    And it appeared to have arrived in the 76th minute when Ainsworth’s corner was headed on goal by Ben Heneghan’s and looked well over the line before being cleared by former ‘Well man Tom Hately. But as the ‘Well players turned to celebrate their was no indication from his assistant referee and Steven McLean waved play-on.

    Three minutes later the ball was in the Dundee net. Moult’s touch sent Ainsworth through and although he screwed the ball across face of the goal Cadden slid in to guide the ball home and set up a grandstand finish.

    As ‘Well chased a deserved equaliser, it took a fine double save from Samson to deny McGowan and Haber, and keep home hopes alive until the final whistle.

    [tab:As it happened]

     Alastair Reilly at Fir Park


    FT: Motherwell 2 – 3 Dundee

    90′ | 2-3

    83′ | 2-3
    Dundee sub, El Bakhtaoui on for Ross.

    80′ | 2-3
    Cadden gets on the end of Ainsworth’s shot, sliding it into the net.

    MATCH ATTAX | Young ‘Well fans can vote now for their Man of the Match. Tweet us with your name, age, choice and #MatchAttaxMOTM now!


    76′ | 1-3
    Drama again as Heneghan’s header looked to be over the line but no goal given.

    72′ | 1-3
    Motherwell sub, Clay on for McDonald

    69′ | 1-3
    Motherwell sub, Lasley makes way for Gordon

    62′ | 1-3
    Dundee sub, Wighton off for Williams

    61′ | 1-3
    Great chance for Frear but Bain saves brilliantly, diving low to his left to tip past.

    57′ | 1-3
    Motherwell sub, Ainsworth on for Bowman.

    56′ | 1-3
    Goal – Dundee make it 3. Wighton’s cross headed home by O’Hara.

    50′ | 1-2
    From a corner, Moult gets some space at the back post and superbly lashes it past Bain!


    48′ | 0-2
    Goal – It’s 0-2 to Dundee. Holt gets dow the left far too easily and from his cross Haber pokes home.

    Second half is underway. COYW!!

    Both teams are back out. A big 45 minutes lies ahead.

    HT: Motherwell 0 – 1 Dundee

    45′ | 0-1
    Goal – Dundee’s first attack of the game leads to a goal. O’Hara lashes in a loose ball from close range.

    42′ | 0-0
    Close! Cadden’s cross/shot is heading into the top corner but for the hand of Bain, who tips it over.

    37′ | 0-0
    Great ball in by Frear forces O’Dea to head over his own bar. From the corner, Bain manages to punch clear for a throw-in.

    32′ | 0-0
    ‘Well have a free-kick in a decent are on the right. Frear will take…..again no chance comes of it.

    31′ | 0-0
    First decent chance of the game as the ball falls to Moult 10 yards out but he fires straight into the arms of Bain.

    28′ | 0-0
    Gomis finally booked. Been persistently fouling all game and is now shown the yellow for a foul on McDonald

    25′ | 0-0
    Free-kick to Motherwell about 30 yards out, whipped in by Frear but Bain punches clear

    6′ | 0-0
    Dundee have their first corner of the game….Moult does well to head clear.

    …played in too deep and it’s cleared for a throw-in.

    4′ | 0-0
    Frear twists and turns and wins ‘Well a corner on the left…

    Lasley gets the game underway. COYW!!!!

    Out come both sides, usual colours for both. Kick-off moments away!



    Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson:


    Dundee manager Neil McCann:



    [poll id=”322″]