The Scottish FA has suspended the 2019/20 season until further notice, in light of the ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus outbreak and the risk to public health.
As a result of the suspension, the SPFL has postponed this weekend’s fixtures. Friday night’s home match with Aberdeen will not go ahead, and our SWPL match with Hibernian on Sunday has also been cancelled. All academy games are also off.
The Scottish FA and SPFL will continue to liaise with governments in relation to forthcoming fixtures in the coming days. More information will be communicated at the appropriate time.
We encourage everyone to practice good hand washing hygiene in accordance with government advice.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
If you are showing symptoms, follow the advice to self-isolate for seven days. The NHS lists symptoms as a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital, and do not call NHS 111 to inform them you are self-isolating,
Use the NHS 111 online service if you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your condition gets worse or your symptoms do not get better after seven days. Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.