Well Society Development Manager
Salary: Based on experience
Location: Flexible between homeworking and working from Fir Park
The Well Society is the membership organisation that ensures Motherwell Football Club, the UK’s first top-flight, community-owned club, remains in the hands of the community and supporters forever.
As the majority shareholders of Motherwell FC, the Well Society is a democratic and inclusive group that seeks to encourage membership and participation from supporters and the local community, while working to ensure that the football club, youth academy, and Community Trust can achieve our collective aims.
The Well Society sets the strategic direction of the football club and operates as the focal point for the relationship between the club, its fans, and the wider community.
Motherwell Football Club exists to improve people’s lives. The club is here for the good of the community, not for the profit of any individual or consortium, and to develop young, talented footballers.
Reporting to the Well Society Board through the Chairman, the Development Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the Well Society, including developing engagement opportunities, maintaining and building membership, increasing the profile of the Society locally and nationally, and supporting the Society Board in its operations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Supporting and, at times, managing projects undertaken by the Well Society Board.
- Liaising with the Well Society Board in order to effectively manage the relationship between the Board and Society members, including being a point of contact for queries and concerns.
- Planning and executing engagement strategies, events and other activities in order to provide opportunities for the membership to participate where possible, while collecting data that accurately reflects the views of Society members.
- Clearly communicating news and information to Society members and key stakeholders on behalf of the Well Society Board, using a variety of mediums.
- Identifying opportunities for the Society to grow membership, increase exposure, or raise funds, and producing proposals and strategies in order to utilise these opportunities.
- Managing the Well Society’s presence on social media, planning and executing communication strategies in order to grow the Society’s online following and exposure.
- Working to ensure greater exposure for the Well Society in local and national media, including producing and issuing press releases and building relationships with journalists and media outlets.
- Maintaining the Well Society membership database, and utilising this data to support the development of the Society, including in its fundraising activities.
- Working with the Well Society Board and other stakeholders, including the MFC Community Trust, to strengthen the club’s role and profile in the community.
- Working with football club staff as appropriate to support the club in achieving the strategic aims of the Well Society.
- Undertaking all administration associated with the Well Society, including administration associated with Board meetings and securing effective governance of the Society.
- Any other general duties as may be required by the Well Society Board.
- Strong values aligned with those of Motherwell Football Club and the Well Society.
- The vision required to take the Well Society forward and the ability to adapt to complex and changing situations.
- Dynamic and creative, with the ability to be proactive in achieving the Society’s goals.
- The ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills at a variety of levels.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and plan own projects effectively.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and a familiarity with social media platforms.
- A knowledge and understanding of community ownership within football.
- Experience of organising and facilitating meetings and events.
- Experience of producing high-quality content for both online and print media.
- Experience of managing and developing social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience of planning and executing effective strategies in a relevant field, such as communications, marketing, or fundraising.
To apply, please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.