Latest News

  • Club

    Cup final ticket information

  • Reserves & Under 18s

    U20s: Highlights from Lennoxtown

  • First team

    Injury update on eight players

  • Reserves & Under 18s

    Craigan: We stuck to our task

  • Reserves & Under 18s

    Under 20s win at Celtic

  • Women

    Women’s team put six past Saints

  • First team

    Highlights as ‘Well draw with County

  • First team

    Players react to Staggies draw

  • First team

    Robinson praises 18th clean sheet

  • First team

    Ross County 0 – 0 Motherwell

  • Club

    Cup final ticket information

    Cup final ticket information

    Tickets for our 2017/18 William Hill Scottish Cup final against Celtic will go on sale on Friday, April 27.

    Motherwell will receive a maximum allocation of almost 15,000 tickets for the match.

    Supporters will be located in the west and south stands at Hampden Park. Ticket prices will start at £30 for adults and £15 for concessions.

    Motherwell fans will be seated in areas A1 through to B3 in the west stand, areas P1 to P6 in the William Hill south stand lower and sections Q1 to Q6 in the William Hill south stand upper.

    We encourage supporters to purchase their tickets as early as possible. Our initial allocation of tickets will be for 12,700, with the potential to receive the additional sections B4 and B5 in the west stand, should we sell.

    The club has until Tuesday, May 8 to request these tickets from the Scottish FA, or they will be reallocated to Celtic.

    The ticket office will be open from 9am until 6pm on Friday and will be open on the morning of Saturday’s game with Dundee.

    2017/18 season ticket holders and Well Society members will have exclusive access to purchase up to four tickets each first.

    Tickets can either be purchased in person at Fir Park or by calling 01698 333333. Please note, phone sales will not be taken at weekends.

    A general sale will then commence on Thursday, May 3.

    Chief Executive Alan Burrows: “We have worked extremely hard over the last week to get as many tickets as possible for this match, whilst agreeing to be flexible depending on how sales are going.

    “Like the Betfred Cup Final back in November, we have agreed to sell them block by block and request B4 and B5 in the west stand if we sell out in time.

    “After prolonged negotiations, we have managed to secure tickets in top tier of the south stand, above Motherwell fans, which was extremely important to us.

    “I would urge as many ‘Well fans as possible to get their tickets as early to avoid disappointment and to maximise the potential support at the final.”


    Friday, April 27: 9am to 6pm

    Saturday, April 28: 9:30am to 12:30pm (no telephone sales)

    Monday, April 30: 9am to 5pm

    Tuesday, May 1: 9am to 5pm

    Wednesday, May 2: 9am to 6pm


    Thursday, May 3: 9am to 6pm

    Friday, May 4: 9am to 5pm

    Saturday, May 5: 9:30am to 12:30pm (no telephone sales)


    William Hill south stand

    £35 Adult/£20 Concession

    West stand

    £30 Adult/£15 Concession

    Accessible seating in the William Hill south stand

    £18 Adult/£10 Concession

    Accessible seating in the west stand

    £15 Adult/£8 Concession

    Concessions are deemed to be those aged 15 and under, or 65 and over.

    Singing section will be in sections A4 and A5.

    For disabled association tickets, please contact Brian Davidson on 07428225254 or email tickets@mfcdsa.com.


  • Reserves & Under 18s

    U20s: Highlights from Lennoxtown

    Extended highlights as Motherwell Under 20s make it two wins from two games against Celtic in the SPFL Development League this season.

  • First team

    Injury update on eight players

    Injury update on eight players

    Motherwell have a number of players currently sidelined through injury.

    Andy Rose suffered an injury to his clavicle during the 0-0 weekend draw with Ross County.

    After having an x-ray on Sunday, the club are monitoring how long it is necessary for him to be out and are, at this stage, still hopeful he will make the William Hill Scottish Cup final on May 19.

    Curtis Main was also injured during the game in Dingwall. The striker had an x-ray on his wrist on Monday which didn’t show any initial fracture.

    He will undergo further tests this week to determine the extent of the injury but is not expected to spend long on the sidelines.

    Carl McHugh also damaged his front teeth during the match with County and had dental treatment on Monday. He is not expected to spend any time out.

    As has already been announced, George Newell fractured his cheekbone during the William Hill Scottish Cup semi final win against Aberdeen. It is not yet known whether the young striker will need surgery.

    The medical staff are also continuing to monitor an ankle knock sustained by Nadir Çiftçi in training.

    Ellis Plummer, Peter Hartley and Craig Tanner remain our long-term injury absentees.

  • Reserves & Under 18s

    Craigan: We stuck to our task

    Stephen Craigan gives his post-match thoughts as the young Steelmen make it two wins from two against Celtic in the SPFL Development League.

  • Reserves & Under 18s

    Under 20s win at Celtic

    Motherwell Under 20s sealed a 100% record against Celtic in the Development League this season with a 2-0 win in Lennoxtown.

    A Jake Hastie brace put the hosts to the sword on an afternoon when the young Steelmen controlled the encounter at Celtic’s training complex.

    Stephen Craigan included goalscorer Hastie and left wing back Adam Livingstone in the starting 11, despite the duo playing for their development loan clubs just two days earlier.

    But that did not deter from hunger and energy displayed by the entire side as they continued their push for a strong end to the season.

    It was the dream start for the Fir Park youngsters, who went in front inside three minutes.

    Bursting forward from the right, Hastie cut in on to his favoured left foot before curling a low effort past Ross Doohan in the Celtic goal.

    Liam Brown went close to scoring two goals in five minutes with spectacular efforts. The first was a volley from the edge of the area which flashed wide and the second a thunderous strike which rose narrowly over the bar.

    The determination and fitness of Craigan’s side proved too much for the home side to handle and some intense pressure from Hastie and Jamie Semple robbed the ball from the Celtic back line, but Semple failed to test Doohan with his effort.

    The young striker went similarly close before the break, and he was again at the heart of it early in the second half.

    A clever ball down the left flank was picked up by Semple, who did well to breeze beyond his man before bursting through on goal. With one defender between him and the keeper, the Scotland Under 17 international failed to pick out the run of Turnbull, who surely would have made it 2-0.

    Soon enough, it was two and it was Hastie again.

    Punishing some slack play by Stephen Welsh at the back, Semple slipped in Turnbull who struck at goal from a narrow angle. Doohan got a hand to it but the ball spilled perfectly for Hastie to double the lead.

    Celtic’s woes were compounded in the 80th minute when Kieran Campbell picked up a second yellow for a foul on Shea Gordon, as the youngsters held on for a clean sheet and another impressive victory.

  • Women

    Women’s team put six past Saints

    Report by Andrew Scott at Braidhurst

    Motherwell produced an emphatic performance on Sunday to win 6-0 against St Johnstone.

    The win was their second in a row and it sees the ‘Well retain top spot in the SWPL 2.

    The sides were level in points going into the fixture but the ladies put the game to bed in the first half. A hat-trick from Suzanne Mulvey, a double from Hayley Cunningham as well as an own goal, sent the hosts to victory.

    The deadlock was broken just after 20 minutes as Cunningham’s corner ended up in the back of the net. The Saints defence was unable to clear the cross as it snuck under the keeper and over the line.

    The goal seemed to have revitalised the St Johnstone team as they began one of their better spells in the match. There was controversy as the Perth side’s appeal for a penalty was waved away by the referee, much to the despair of the players.

    Motherwell added their second just minutes later, Suzanne Mulvey was brought down just outside the box and the Steelwomen were awarded another free kick after a handball by the wall.

    Cunningham stepped up and hit a driven shot through the legs of the wall and into the bottom left hand corner. Not for the first time this season, she demonstrated her ability from a dead ball.

    Cunningham’s second goal started Motherwell’s best spell of the match, as skipper Mulvey bagged a fine hat-trick in just over five minutes.

    The first came from the corner where Cunningham originally put the ‘Well in front, this time she played an inviting cross straight to the head of Mulvey who fired it past Cameron in the Saints goal.

    A matter of three minutes later, the striker added her second. Sloppy play at the back from St Johnstone and a slack backpass enabled her to nip in to intercept, dinking the ball over the onrushing keeper in the process.

    Mulvey bagged her hat-trick two minutes later. Great link up play with Sammy Hare allowed Mulvey to break clear from her marker and fire her shot into the net. A superb five minutes from the ex-Scotland capped striker, who showed how deadly she could be to put Motherwell 5-0 up.

    It would be the visitors who would come out the traps the better side as the second half got underway, a team that looked re-energised and with a point to prove following the first half performance.

    Unlike the first, the second half was a more end-to-end encounter with Motherwell eventually getting a foothold in the game at around 50 minutes.

    The Steelwomen showed their attacking prowess shortly after with substitute Reside proving to be a handful down the right flank.

    There was another penalty shout with 65 minutes played, this time for Motherwell after Mulvey was brought down into the box, but the referee waved play on.

    As the half progressed Sophie Gallagher entered the pitch and boosted the Motherwell attack.

    With just over ten minutes to play, the sub helped put the ‘Well 6-0 up as she and Hare produced great link-up play to allow Hare to dribble to the byline and put a pass into the box. Her cross met the foot of a Saints defender, Rihanna Tweedie who put it into her own net.

    As the game entered the final 10 minutes, Motherwell continued to push on to add more goals to their tally but the match would end 6-0, a clinical first half performance ensuring the three points would stay in Lanarkshire.

    The victory for Motherwell sees them retain top spot in the SWPL 2. Next up for the ladies is Aberdeen at home on Sunday, 29 April.

  • First team

    Highlights as ‘Well draw with County

    Extended highlights from the Global Energy stadium in Dingwall as Motherwell draw with Ross County in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

  • First team

    Players react to Staggies draw

    Trevor Carson, Tom Aldred and Charles Dunne speak after the goalless draw with Ross County.

  • First team

    Robinson praises 18th clean sheet

    Stephen Robinson guided his side to an 18th clean sheet of the season with a hard-fought performance against Ross County. 

    The Steelmen kept the struggling Staggies at bay, but also came up against a resolute side fighting for survival.

    And Robinson admitted he could take a number of positives from his side’s third consecutive clean sheet.

    “Ross County are scrapping for their lives so we knew it was going to be a tough game,” the Northern Irishman said.

    “We were organised and disciplined. We also had the best chances of the game, but we’ll take the point.”

    He added: “That’s our 18th clean sheet now so that’s pleasing. If you don’t concede goals, you won’t lose games.

    “I’m relatively pleased today. It was a long journey up for the fans so it was good to come away with the point, but I think we could have won the game.”

  • First team

    Ross County 0 – 0 Motherwell

    Ross County 0 – 0 Motherwell

    Grant Russell at the Global Energy Stadium

    Motherwell claimed another point on the road in a battling performance away to relegation-threatened Ross County.

    Stephen Robinson’s men slightly edged a tight affair in terms of chances, with Curtis Main, Chris Cadden and Ryan Bowman all going agonisingly close to breaking the deadlock.

    The clean sheet also marked the 18th shutout of the season for the ‘Well defence, putting them just one off the club record.

    The Steelmen were unchanged from their emphatic 3-0 William Hill Scottish Cup semi final over Aberdeen. Carl McHugh returned from suspension to take up a spot on the bench.

    After the initial exchanges, both teams were forced into early changes through injury.

    Chris Routis was withdrawn for the hosts, with Jason Naismith taking his place, while Andy Rose was withdrawn shortly afterwards with a collarbone injury. McHugh took his place.

    Both sides had half chances in a scrappy first period. Harry Souttar tested Trevor Carson with a free header from a set play on the half hour mark for the hosts, while Curtis Main hit the side netting with a long-range shot as the first period wore to a close.

    Immediately County went on the offensive again. Schalk picked the ball up in the centre of the park 30 yards from goal but his ambitious drive sailed over the bar.

    Motherwell upped their intensity as they went in the search of an opener before the close of the first half. The end result was a corner kick which eventually found its way to Main whose header cannoned back off the far post, only for referee Alan Muir to adjudge a foul had been committed.

    County then almost took the lead on the stroke of the interval. Billy McKay found himself in acres of space 12 yards out with a potential shot at Carson but he chose to move the ball further right to Fraser. The recovering Charles Dunne, fortunately, was on hand to lunge in bravely to block the shot.

    The second half saw the game open up in spells, with Motherwell creating a succession of chances.

    Tom Aldred was first to give the visitors hope, with his header from a corner kick being headed clear of the line by Max Melbourne.

    Bowman then thought he had done enough to put Motherwell into the lead. Chris Cadden’s burst down the right led to the ball getting into the feet of Main. The big striker then laid off his strike partner, but his snap shot from the edge of the area was turned around the post by Scott Fox.

    Immediately from the corner Main met the ball at the back post, with his header across the face of goal bouncing just past the left post.

    County grew back into the game but as they pressed as pressed, it was Motherwell who nearly broke the deadlock with five mintues to spare.

    Main used his strength superbly to hold off the attentions of Souttar from a long ball, but his shot from outside the area went wide.

    Immediately County were back on the front foot. Schalk was next to trouble the travelling defence, but his ferocious shot from 20 yards was just over.

    The game flew from end to end. Next it was Cadden who came close, with his shot from the edge of the area, after being teed up by Aldred, agonisningly failing to dip in time as it cleared the crossbar.

    There was time for a late debut for James Scott in the 90th minute as he replaced Main, but he wasn’t presented with a scoring chance to make it a maiden appearance to remember.