Latest News

  • Archive

    Motherwell 0 – 1 Aberdeen

  • Archive

    Bert McCann: 1932 – 2017

  • Archive

    Steelmen: Issue #8 preview

  • Archive

    Build Up: Aberdeen

  • Archive

    Robinson: All attention on Sunday

  • Archive

    Semi Final: Date confirmed

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Fir Park

  • Archive

    Robinson: We didn’t stop for 90 minutes

  • Archive

    Aberdeen in pictures

  • Archive

    Motherwell 3 – 0 Aberdeen

  • Archive

    Motherwell 0 – 1 Aberdeen

    [tab:Match report]

    Motherwell failed to make it a memorable double over Aberdeen as an Andy Considine goal ensured that his side took something back north from two visits to Fir Park. 

    The defender’s scrambled goal early in the second half was scarcely deserved but the Dons doggedly defended their lead deep into injury time as the Fir Parkers failed to produce the little spark that would have given them a share of the points the overall play merited.

    ‘Well made two changes from the midweek cup tie, Charles Dunne returning to the left side of a back three and Gael Bigirimana replacing the injured Andy Rose.

    It was a less frenetic opening and with Derek McInnes bringing in Kari Arnason and Scott McKenna to blunt the ‘Well front two, meaning there were little openings.

    The home goal had an early scare when Cédric Kipré carelessly conceded possession to Stevie May, but from wide on the left the striker drilled his shot narrowly beyond the far post.

    For a spell midway through the half, Trevor Carson’s goal was under pressure from a series of corners but there was nothing to threaten the ‘Well ‘keeper.

    At the other end, it took until the half hour for an attempt at the Aberdeen goal but from 25-yards Louis Moult powered his drive over Joe Lewis’ bar.

    From then until half-time, though, the play steadily mounted towards the Dons’ goal.

    Gael Bigirimana, who had a highly influential 90 minutes, drilled a corner low and hard across goal where it rebounded off Arnason forcing Lewis to smother the ball on his line and prevent an own goal.

    Carl McHugh then volleyed Bowman’s knockdown wide of goal before Peter Hartley collected Allan Campbell’s cross, only to steer his right foot shot the wrong side of the post.

    Motherwell started the second half in the same fashion and a sequence of passes along the Dons’ penalty area found Cadden, only for his powerful strike to be palmed behind by Lewis. Cadden’s corner found Hartley rising high in the penalty area but his header slipped just over the bar.

    While a ‘Well goal looked on the cards it was a surprise when it arrived at the other end after 56 minutes. Shay Logan’s cross found its way to Ryan Christie and although Carson got down well to palm his effort onto the post, Considine bundled the rebound over the line to put the visitors ahead.

    Stephen Robinson immediately sent on Elliott Frear and Alex Fisher, shortly followed by the introduction of Craig Tanner as ‘Well attempted to break down a Dons side determined to make up for their cup exit.

    Twelve minutes from time, Frear raced in behind the visitor’s defence but with Tanner arriving unmarked in front of goal he cut back behind his fellow sub.

    The Steelmen continued to chase a deserved equaliser and Carson’s superb save from Greg Stewart kept them in the game until added time when all of the action was contained to the Dons’ box.

    Firstly, Moult was flattened by two defenders on the penalty spot but referee Nick Walsh waved away strong appeals for a spot kick. A minute later he did award a free kick on the edge of the box but Moult’s effort deflected off the wall to carry the ball over the bar.

    From the corner, the ball fell between Moult and Hartley and it was the defender’s left foot which sent the ball high over the goal and end ‘Well’s claim for a point.


     Alastair Reilly at Fir Park

    FT: Motherwell 0 -1 Aberdeen

    90+4′ | 0-1
    Ball falls to Hartley inside the box but he volleys well over the bar

    90+2′ | 0-1
    Free-kick to Motherwlel wide on the right. A chance to deliver….but it’s headed away by Aberdeen

    Four minutes added on.

    90′ | 0-1
    Freekick to Motherwell 25 yards out….Moult’s shot is delfected over for a corner.

    88′ | 0-1
    Wild challenge on Bigirimana from Shinnie earns him a yellow

    85′ | 0-1
    Aberdeen sub, Christie off for Rooney

    83′ | 0-1
    Stewart gets s some space on the left and forces a great save from Carson!!

    79′ | 0-1
    Aberdeen sub, May off for Ball

    77′ | 0-1
    Frear breaks away down the left but his pull-back has no takers!

    70′ | 0-1
    Motherwell sub, McHugh off for Tanner

    50/50 | Today’s Half Time Draw winning numbers are: 176917 for £200, 176984 for £100 & 176132 for £50. Thanks to all who bought tickets.

    58′ | 0-1
    Double Motherwell change, Tait and Bowman off for Frear and Fisher

    56′ | 0-1
    Goal – Christie’s backheel comes off the post and falls to Considine who stabs home from close range

    55′ | 0-0
    Aberdeen sub, Tansey off for Stewart.

    53′ | 0-0
    Hartley heads goalwards but the ball loops over the bar from Considine’s head. Goal-kick given.

    53′ | 0-0
    Bigirimana feeds Cadden on the edge of the box but his powerful shot is beaten away by Lewis

    49′ | 0-0
    McHugh booked for a challenge on Christie about 25 yards from goal. Christie strikes the free-kick over the bar.

    ‘Well get the second 45 underway. COYW!!

    HT: Motherwell 0 – 0 AberdeenTranslate from German

    42′ | 0-0
    Hartley tries to curl one into the bottom corner with his weaker foot but it slides past the post.

    34′ | 0-0
    Close! Ball breaks to McHugh who volleys towards goal but it drifts wide of the post.

    32′ | 0-0
    Chance! Bigirimana fires in a low corner which comes off McLean and forces Lewis into a good save!

    31′ | 0-0
    Campbell wins the ball and sets up Moult who tries a shot from 25 yards. Well over the bar.

    29′ | 0-0
    Chance for Aberdeen as Arnason nods on a second ball but Considine then knocks heads it past the post.

    25′ | 0-0
    Succession of corners there for Aberdeen but the defence hold strong, with Carson punching clear from Considine

    20′ | 0-0
    Nice little passing spell there but as Moult clips the ball over the top, Considine heads clear under presssure from Bowman

    10′ | 0-0
    Cadden forces a corner….Bigirimana curls it in but it’s a routine gather for Lewis.

    8′ | 0-0
    May robs Kipre and from just inside the box, fires hard but wide of the post.

    5′ | 0-0
    May’s cross is put out for a corner by Hartley….deep ball in is laid off for Christie but he fires high and wide.

    Aberdeen get the game underway. COYW!!!


    Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson:


    Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes




    [poll id=”331″]

  • Archive

    Bert McCann: 1932 – 2017

    Following the sad passing of Bert McCann this week, there will be a minutes applause to celebrate his life before today’s game versus Aberdeen.

    The following feature article was included in ‘Steelmen’ matchday magazine a few weeks ago, recapping the career of a Motherwell great.


    Bert McCann – A True Steelman

    By Eddie Ferguson

    On the face of it, the 15th of October 1932 wasn’t great for Motherwell fans of that time as the Steelmen, then Champions of Scotland, were going down two nil at Tynecastle Park engulfed in a light drizzle.

    However, sixty miles up the road to Dundee, a boy was being born who would light up Fir Park and become adored by everyone who wore Claret and Amber favours.

    Robert Johnstone McCann was born and bred in the City of Discovery.

    Although all indications are that young Robert had little interest in any Football Club south of the Perth Road, in the decades that followed there can be little doubt that this Football Club would hold a special place in his heart, as he has in a certain generation of Motherwell fans.

    He would become one of the all time greats at Fir Park, and be an integral part of the finest half-back line this Club has ever produced alongside Charlie Aitken and John Martis.

    His early football experience came playing in the Maroon and White of Dundee North End in the Tayside Junior Leagues, before being snapped up on amateur terms by legendary former Motherwell striker, Willie McFadyen who was then manager of Dundee United.

    Even before he pulled a Claret and Amber jersey over his head, he had lightly etched his name into Motherwell folklore by being part of the Arabs side that took an early lead at Fir Park, only to lose twelve goals and be part of both Motherwell’s record win, and the Terrors heaviest defeat.

    He left Tannadice after a year for Queens Park where he had a terrific time culminating in Bert gaining six Scottish International Amateur Caps, and being tracked by a host of top-flight clubs.

    It was the summer of 1956 when Motherwell reverted to their much-vaunted policy of identifying promising youngsters who would be allowed to develop in the Motherwell tradition.

    It was a process that had previously reared Motherwell legends and Championship winners like George Stevenson, Bobby Ferrier and Willie McFadyen.

    Despite interest from bigger clubs, Bert opted for life in Lanarkshire under the guidance of recently appointed Motherwell manager, and, fellow Dundonian, Bobby Ancell.

    Initially, the young midfielder signed on at Fir Park on part-time terms to allow him to complete his Modern Language studies at Edinburgh University.

    Indeed it wasn’t unusual for Bert only to meet up with team mates at a Saturday lunchtime to prepare for a first fixture, even on the occasions that he was captaining the side.

    Bert made his debut in a 4-2 reverse League Cup tie at Starks Park against Raith Rovers before making his Fir Park bow eleven days later as Airdrieonians were routed by six goals to one.

    From that point on he would pretty much be a regular in the line up for that campaign, only missing five games through injury as 1956 drew to a close.

    Not being particularly renowned for his scoring exploits, McCann endeared himself somewhat to the Fir Park faithful that debut season, scoring eight times, contributing to five important wins over Airdrie (twice), Queens Park, Dundee and Ayr United, as Motherwell finished a respectable seventh.

    The following campaign was difficult for Bert as injuries plagued the schemer, but season 1958/59 would see the young man blossom along with several of his peers before the watching eyes of not only Scotland, but the world.

    The renowned “Ancell Babes” introduced themselves to Scottish Football as Bobby Ancell orchestrated a brand of football the likes had been rarely seen before, with Bert McCann the absolute lynchpin of everything that happened offensively on the pitch.

    Time after time he provided the front five, typically, Hunter, Reid, St. John, Roberts and Quinn, all Internationalists, with opportunities and situations that they thrived on.

    Bert was an ever present in that campaign, playing in all 42 competitive matches as the Steelmen notched up 105 goals which had the fans on the East Terracing purring with joy and satisfaction as the Fir Parkers finished an impressive third, six points off the Champions, Rangers.

    The campaign that would take the club into the “Swinging Sixties” started with terrific optimism around Fir Park with concrete steps being installed onto the terracing to help bring the capacity up to 40,000.

    Training facilities also took a turn for the better as the Club paid for the use of Motherwell Stadium for day to day training to help preserve the Fir Park pitch and keep it in top notch condition, which was vital to allow Ancell’s footballing philosophy to thrive.

    Again it would be a most entertaining season for the Motherwell spectators with their favourite’s just failing to score on four occasions throughout the whole campaign of 44 matches.

    It was only the famous forward lines of both Hibernian and Hearts that scored significantly more goals than the Steelmen.

    1960/61 saw Bert once again be an ever present for Motherwell as the club mixed it with Scottish footballs big boys. No more so than when Motherwell where drawn against Champions elect Rangers in the Scottish Cup.

    The fans were treated to a thrilling tie at Fir Park where the visitors raced into a two goal lead as they threatened to blow the Steelmen away.

    Gradually, backed with a fervent home support, Motherwell got a foothold back in the game, as McCann fed Ian St John who slammed the ball low into the net a minute before half time.

    The second period was end-to-end stuff before Bert McCann secured a replay, calmly firing home from fifteen yards.

    The Ibrox replay, in front of a sell-out crowd, would go down in Motherwell folklore.

    The Fir Parkers started brightly – taking the lead, but by the break the Light Blues had fought back and were ahead.

    Nobody could have seen the performance the Steelmen produced in the second half, inspired by manager Ancell’s team talk.

    Pat Delaney rifled home an equaliser from a free kick given for a foul on McCann. And before the hour had arrived Bobby Roberts got to a ball before the Rangers keeper to prod the third over the line as Motherwell turned on the style.

    The Ibrox crowd watched on stunned and mesmerised as the Steelmen scored twice more to complete a 5-2 thrashing of the Glasgow giants.

    Legend has it, that almost every Rangers fan stayed until the end to applaud Bert and his team mates off the turf, such was the display the Fir Parkers had produced.

    With the new season on the horizon, the exciting Motherwell side were beginning to be dismantled as the vultures circled ML1 looking to snap up the emerging talent, particularly striker, Ian St. John, who departed for Bill Shankley’s Liverpool for £375,000.

    Despite Ancell’s attempts at replacing the obvious quality with promising youngsters, the performance almost inevitably took a dip.

    It would be a season of injuries for McCann as Motherwell finished a disappointing 9th of 18 Clubs.

    The first game of 1962/63 season saw Falkirk visit Fir Park in front of the magnificent newly extended Main Stand.

    Bert McCann was the man of the match, expertly dictating play as the Steelmen ran riot.

    Bobby Russell scored five times with Pat Quinn helping himself to a mere four in a stunning 9-1 victory in front of an enthralled audience.

    Mid-table obscurity would be a recurring theme for the remainder of Bert’s time running up and down Fir Park with his last goal rounding off an emphatic 4-1 home win over Morton before his final appearance in an ill-fated clash with Rangers on Fir Park.

    Bert McCann’s career at the top level was effectively brought to an abrupt halt by a horrible tackle inflicted in a League game at home to Rangers in April 1965.

    The Motherwell Club Doctor of the time was quoted as saying it was the worst Football injury he’d ever seen with studs marks being gouged across Bert’s thigh muscle.

    That summer Bert made the short hop over the Clyde to join the Accies for a season before retiring at the age of thirty-three, and using his academic qualifications to become a Teacher.

    Bert had gained five Scottish International Caps and also five Scottish League appearances in an era where the domestic game was awash with terrific talent.

    His International debut came in May 1958 in front of over 100,000 fans as West Germany were defeated 3-2 in a Friendly match at Hampden Park, alongside fellow debutants and ‘Well players Ian St. John and Andy Weir, who scored.

    Further appearances in Dark Blue came against Northern Ireland, Wales and England before his final Cap, which came in horrible 9-3 defeat against the “Auld Enemy” at Wembley in May 1961.

    Bert McCann made 246 appearances in Claret and Amber, captaining the side on many occasions and returning 21 goals for the cause.

    To this day, Bert takes an enthusiastic interest in Motherwell FC, being part of the Former Players Club and part of the Well Society.

    On the park, Bert had the ability to play in any midfield position.

    A consistent performer, who initially relied to a large extent on his vision and ability, but developed a cogency and timing in the tackle that brought a respect from his opponents, and adulation from his Motherwell supporters.

    Despite not being the biggest or most robust of players, he had the strength to play a defensive role if required and the talent to be creative just off the Centre Forward.

    However he was probably best suited to being the architect of the team, dictating the tempo, direction and structure of any given match.

    And if that “team” happened to be one of the finest this Club has produced in 131 years, then surely Bert McCann was one special player that fully deserves never to be forgotten around these parts.

  • Archive

    Steelmen: Issue #8 preview

    The eighth issue of ‘Steelmen’ matchday magazine is on sale ahead of Motherwell’s clash with Aberdeen in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

    And the programme, with a new fan-orientated approach for the 2017/18 campaign, is packed full of content – including six pages of kids content!

    Issue number eight also includes an exclusive interview with summer signing Cédric Kipré, who talks about his time at Fir Park so far, his aims for the future, and his love for the ‘Well faithful.

    Feature writer Eddie Ferguson looks at the career of Johnny Aitkenhead in his latest historic piece, ‘Johnny Aitkenhead – Artistic and Deadly’.

    An in depth look at opponents Aberdeen includes another edition of ‘Scouting Report’ – where some of McInnes’ key men are profiled.

    This week’s ‘Goal Zone’ features the in-form front man Louis Moult, and Gaël Bigirimana is in the ‘Skill School’.

    Graeme McGarry, Sports Writer at the Herald and Times, is the columnist for this week’s latest Final Word.

    The interesting feature piece ‘Made in Motherwell’ returns, looking at local band ‘A Sudden Burst of Colour’.

    You can also order back editions or take a season-long subscription to the magazine by visiting the website of our publishers – Curtis-Sports – CLICK HERE.

  • Archive

    Build Up: Aberdeen

    There is no rest for the Steelmen at the moment, with another clash against Aberdeen just around the corner.

    Sunday afternoon’s clash with the Dons is the second match of a double header against Derek McInnes’ side – following Thursday night’s dramatic quarter-final victory at Fir Park.

    Back on home turf and back in league action, ‘Well boss Stephen Robinson will be keen to see his side complete a memorable ‘double’ over last season’s 2nd placed side.

    The Fir Park men head in to the clash in fine form – undefeated in the last five matches.

    And having enjoyed a fine start to the season, the points deficit between Motherwell and Sunday’s second placed visitors could be reduced to just a point this weekend.

    Both sides will undoubtedly need to rely on their squad depth in what is the second game in four days.

    The Steelmen can call on the likes of Gaël Bigirimana, Craig Tanner, Alex Fisher, Elliott Frear and the returning Charles Dunne, who missed Thursday’s win due to suspension, as they ready themselves for the Reds.

    Whilst the Granite City side can turn to Greg Stewart, Nicky Maynard, Scott Wright, Greg Tansey and Adam Rooney, who were all included on a strong Aberdeen bench midweek.

    Stephen Robinson isn’t getting too ahead of himself though, and insists his players have the same mentality – they’re taking things one game at a time.

    [pullquote]We played very well and now our challenge is to make sure we don’t get too carried away with things and that we can replicate that.[/pullquote]

    “We enjoyed the evening and we enjoyed the performance, but now we have to turn our attention to Sunday and try and do the exact same again.

    “[Aberdeen] will be motivated and knowing Derek he’ll definitely have his team up for it.

    “They’ve got a lot of players that they can bring in and they’ve got a very, very good squad – make no mistake about that.

    “We played very well and now our challenge is to make sure we don’t get too carried away with things and that we can replicate that.”

     Motherwell V Aberdeen
     Sunday 24th September 2017
     Fir Park, Motherwell
     On sale now from the Fir Park ticket office. Also available on the gate

    Admission prices are as follows: 

    ADULTS   £23/£19 
    CONCESSIONS     £16/£15
    JUNIOR   £12/£9
    FAMILY     £29/£24
    • Cheaper price is for John Hunter Stand
    • Juniors are 15 and under
    • Concessions are listed as over 60, 16-18 and over and full time students
    • Fans who require ambulant or wheelchair access should contact Brian Davidson on 07725 917161

    If you can’t make it tomorrow, don’t miss the action by tuning in to for live commentary or follow the match on Twitter @MotherwellFC

    You can see the match highlights on MFC TV’s YouTube channel, as well as full reaction and a match report right here on the official website.

  • Archive

    Robinson: All attention on Sunday

    ‘Well boss Stephen Robinson is calling on his players to replicate their performance from Thursday night as they prepare to host Aberdeen in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

    It has been a quick turnaround for the Fir Park club, who can make it six games unbeaten with a positive result on Sunday afternoon.

    However, Robinson is well aware that is side face a tough fixture, against a side who will be eager to bounce back.

    [pullquote]We played very well and now our challenge is to make sure we don’t get too carried away with things and that we can replicate that.[/pullquote]

    “We enjoyed the evening and we enjoyed the performance, but now we have to turn our attention to Sunday and try and do the exact same again,” the Northern Irishman said.

    “[Aberdeen] will be motivated and knowing Derek he’ll definitely have his team up for it.

    “They’ve got a lot of players that they can bring in and they’ve got a very, very good squad – make no mistake about that.

    “We played very well and now our challenge is to make sure we don’t get too carried away with things and that we can replicate that.”

  • Archive

    Semi Final: Date confirmed

    Motherwell’s Betfred Cup Semi Final against Rangers will take place at Hampden Park on Sunday 22nd October with a 2.30pm kick-off.

    The match, Motherwell’s first national Semi Final for almost seven years, will also be broadcast live on BT Sport.

    Ticket allocation and match arrangements, including pricing, MFC hospitality packages and club-run supporters buses, should be confirmed early next week.

  • Archive

    TV: Highlights from Fir Park

    Extended highlights from Fir Park as a Louis Moult double and a Peter Hartley header fire the Steelmen to a semi-final at Hampden.

  • Archive

    Robinson: We didn’t stop for 90 minutes

    ‘Well boss Stephen Robinson expressed his delight at full time after his side progressed to the Betfred Cup semi final.

    A superb ‘Well performance resulted in a 3-0 win over Aberdeen, and Robinson reflected on the 90-minutes at a rocking Fir Park.

    He said: “I’m delighted with the commitment and the performance from the players tonight.

    [pullquote]I think the first ten seconds when Ryan Bowman presses the ball and it stops them playing forward sets the tone for the game and we didn’t stop for 90 minutes.[/pullquote]

    “I think the first ten seconds when Ryan Bowman presses the ball and it stops them playing forward sets the tone for the game and we didn’t stop for 90 minutes.”

    He added: “Aberdeen are a tough opposition, they’ve got very good players and I think it’s credit to our players how hard we all worked.

    “We out-fought them and out-battled them at times and earned the right to play football.”

  • Archive

    Aberdeen in pictures

    Images from tonight’s 3-0 win over Aberdeen in the Betfred Cup.

    Snaps courtesy of SNSPix

    [svgallery name=”aberdeen210917″]

  • Archive

    Motherwell 3 – 0 Aberdeen

    [tab:Match report]

    Motherwell produced an outstanding performance to sweep aside Aberdeen and set up a Betfred Cup semi-final with Rangers.

    And following a comprehensive, stunning sixth win in the cup, ‘Well fans head back to Hampden, where the cup run started with a belief that the team’s fighting spirit could take them all they way to the final.

    In a contest which Motherwell dominated from start to finish, two early goals from Louis Moult and Peter Hartley set them up for a famous victory, with a Moult stunner five minutes from time rounding off a fabulous evening.

    With only one change, Stevie Hammell back for the suspended Charles Dunne, the Motherwell line-up had a familiar look and shape about it. And that meant an immediate press on the Aberdeen goal.

    However, it was the visitors who forced the first save when Trevor Carson pushed Ryan Christie’s shot wide forcing Chris Cadden to block Gary MacKay-Steven’s effort from the loose ball.

    For the remainder of the half the play was towards the Aberdeen goal and a helping hand from the ‘keeper made the breakthrough after only 13 minutes.

    Ryan Bowman did well to force his way into the box before nudging the ball towards the corner of the six-yard box. Joe Lewis looked favourite to gather the ball until Moult nipped in front to cleverly flick the ball up and turn an audacious effort over the bemused ‘keeper, who could only turn and palm the ball into his own net.

    There was no doubting the scorer six minutes later though when ‘Well doubled their lead and took a firm grip of the cup-tie. Hammell curled a free kick towards the back of the six yard area for Peter Hartley to power a header down and under the diving Lewis for his first ‘Well goal.

    A regular scorer with his previous clubs, the big centre back came close again on the half hour mark, when, from another Hammell free kick, Hartley’s header flashed across goal.

    At this stage Derek McInnes’ men were being out thought and out fought with every ‘Well player contesting every ball, and he made a very early change to try and salvage the game by replacing MacKay-Steven with Adam Rooney.

    Just before the interval another surging run from Bowman took the action towards the Aberdeen box before he laid the ball across to Cadden, whose drive was on target until it deflected off a Dons’ defender.

    While an option might have been to sit back and defend their two goal lead, Motherwell started the second half on the front foot.

    The Fir Parkers almost extended their lead within five minutes when Moult followed Richard Tait’s thrown in into the box before unleashing a left foot shot which produced a fine diving block from Lewis.

    In truth, with the Steelmen determined to doggedly protect their own box, the only goal threat came at the Aberdeen goal.

    Amazingly, Hartley was only denied a second when his low shot through a packed box was blocked on the line by Logan.

    Fifteen minutes from time, Dons were even more fortunate not to concede a third when Allan Campbell chested down brilliantly before firing an angled drive past Lewis – only to watch the ball rebound off both goal posts before bouncing into the relieved ‘keeper’s hands.

    Fittingly, five minutes from time, Moult removed any doubts his name would be on the scoresheet and cap a terrific evening’s work. Liam Grimshaw whipped a long ball down the right for the striker to chase but when he cut into the box Moult decided to claim his 9th goal of the season flashing the ball past Lewis from a tight angle for a scoreline which reflected Motherwell’s superiority.

    [tab:As it happened]

     Lewis Irons at Fir Park


    FULL TIME!!!

    90+1′ | 3-0
    Motherwell sub, Tanner on for Moult

    90′ | 3-0
    Fisher booked for a foul on Logan

    88′ | 3-0
    Christie booked. Looked a bad one on Tait, could have easily have broke his ankle!

    87′ | 3-0
    Motherwell sub, Bowman off for Fisher. Some shift from Bowie!!!

    86′ | 3-0
    It’s 3!!!! Moult breaks away and fires an unstoppable effort past Lewis!!!!!


    79′ | 2-0
    Bowman wins a free-kick in a good area for Motherwell but Hammell’s ball in is headed away at the back post.

    77′ | 2-0
    Cadden booked for pulling down May as he broke away.

    74′ | 2-0
    So nearly 3!! Campbell with a great volley which strikes one post, runs along the line and comes back out off the other post!

    69′ | 2-0
    Motherwell sub, Rose makes way for Grimshaw

    66′ | 2-0
    Great save from Carson!! Christie breaks away and fires a shot towards the top corner but for the fingertips of Carson!!

    64′ | 2-0
    Bowman does really well to force a corner from Considine……cleared off the line by Shinnie!

    58′ | 2-0
    Hammell booked for not throwing the ball straight back to an Aberdeen player. Not a lot in that.

    52′ | 2-0
    Rooney gets the break of the ball on the edge of the box but his shot on the turn lacks any power to test Carson

    49′ | 2-0
    ‘Well work a chance from a throw-in – Tait feeding Moult who drops the shoulder and gets a good shot off but it’s well saved.

    47′ | 2-0
    Tait whips the ball in but Moult’s shot is blocked by O’Connor!

    Both teams are back out, it’s time for the second half. COYW!!!

    HT: Motherwell 2 – 0 Aberdeen

    The Steelmen will take a deserved two goal lead into the second 45.

    43′ | 2-0
    Christie finds a bit of space but from distance can’t hit the target. Well wide.

    41′ | 2-0
    Kipré booked for a foul on May wide on the Aberdeen left.

    40′ | 2-0
    Bowman breaks down the left and squares it to Cadden whose shot is deflected over the bar for a corner

    36′ | 2-0
    Change for Aberdeen, Mackay-Steven off for Rooney

    30′ | 2-0
    Tait wins a free-kick wide on the left….Hammel clips it in but Bowman can’t divert it goalwards!

    27′ | 2-0
    Cadden forces a corner…..corner is drilled in low but Aberdeen eventually clear from Moult

    19′ | 2-0
    HARTLEY with his first goal for the Steelmen! Hammell with the delivery and the defender nods past Lewis!! COYW!!


    16′ | 1-0
    Ball has a shot from just outside the box but it is deflected wide for a corner. From the corner, Ball heads over from 8 yards!

    13′ | 1-0
    MOULT will claim it with a cheeky flick over his shoulder but it is Lewis who knocks it into the net!


    Cadden then breaks and does well to win a corner.

    9′ | 0-0
    Great chance for Mackay-Steven but Cadden is on hand with a wonderful block to deny a certain goal!

    Tune in to live commentary with @grahamb2105 and @Lewis_Irons on mixlr now:

    2′ | 0-0
    Early bit of pressure for ‘Well, Tait with the cross in but Reynolds heads it clear.

    Christie gets the game underway. COYW!!!!

    Out come the two teams, claret and amber for ‘Well, blue for the Dons!


    Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson:


    Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes




    [poll id=”330″]